Sunday, August 24, 2014

Attempted J Crew


I love J Crew.  I love looking through their website and I squeal with glee everytime the style guide shows up in my mailbox.  However, whenever I attempt to replicate some of their casual, laid back looks, I fail miserably.  Case in point is today's look. I like these ugly pants.  I really really do, but they are super hard to match with any kind of top.  I started with this top;  tucked it in, tucked it out, half tucked it in and then decided I just looked stupid and went for the full tuck.  In the J Crew add that lured me in, the model was wearing a long sleeve white oxford with these pants, half tucked.  Well, that's freakin' great for the model, but it's close to 90 degrees outside and I'm not wearing long sleeves.  Even rolled up seems like way too much bulk.  Some people would have given up and changed pants, but I'm playing in a flute choir concert outside tonight and I wanted something light and airy to wear, so I'm not changing the pants.  I did change into an octopus t-shirt because nothing says flute choir more than an octopus.  That's just how I roll.


Smiles!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment