Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy Birthday!!


Today is my birthday!  No matter how old I get, I always like my birthday and I feel it's my special day.  It isn't about the presents, it's about the fact that I'm alive and well.  It's about being grateful for being given another day to be with my friends and family.  Even though this birthday is bittersweet, I still am grateful for the time I have had and the time I still hope to have.  I woke up this morning to birthday hugs and greetings from the family and that just made my day.  My aunt called to check on me and also expressed her birthday wishes.  She even sent me an extra card just because she figured I needed a little extra special treatment today.  Then, there's all the well wishes from my friends and other family members.  I am so very blessed to have such good friends and a family who go out of their way to make me smile.

Now, enough with the sappy. I took today off of work and went on a shopping tear.  It was down right ugly on the MasterCard, but it was so very very much fun.  I also managed to finish both Dave's Christmas and birthday gifts and I'm really excited about what I got him, so I hope he likes it!  My birthday shopping spree was so bad, I took my fun charge card out of my purse and have put it away until after the holidays.  Starting tomorrow, I'm going to try to not shop for me unless I need it.  We'll see how long it takes before I crack. 




Outfit Details:
Sweater and Shirt - J Crew
Belt - Ann Taylor
Jeans - Gap
Watch - Timex
Bracelet - Pandora
Shoes - Sperry

Birthday Smiles!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment