Sunday, November 16, 2014

Evil Step Stool


Let's face it.  I don't subscribe to the "less is more" theory.  I never have, never will.  I like clothes and I like to have a lot of clothes.  Because I have so much stuff in my closet, I have a fairly decent size step stool always sitting in there so I can reach things on the top shelves.  Normally this isn't an issue.... until yesterday. 

I was getting ready yesterday morning and I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and I tripped. Nothing new in tripping, I'm a bit of a klutz, but left foot smashed into that step stool and I heard a "SNAP".  I then felt the pain and a little bit ill.  I hobbled over the bed, writhing in pain and knew I was in trouble.  I've broken many many toes in my life and I knew one or more toes were done for.  After I could breathe, I hobbled to the couch and taped all of my toes together because I knew at least one of them was broken, but wasn't sure if I took out two or three of them.  Last night, when I unwrapped them to take a bath, my ring finger toe was black and purple.  Yep, broken.  Its two neighbors are slightly bruised, so I think they survived the incident. 

Most of my shoes have pointy toes, so this is going to be an interesting couple of weeks on the footwear front.  I tried on a couple of pairs of shoes last night and they seemed to be ok.  I guess I'll be taking gym shoes with me to work this week in case I can't stand it!  At least I can laugh about it!

Smiles!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment