Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Some Level of Normalcy


I do realize fashion isn't important right now, but I'm doing this just to lend some kind of normalcy to my world.  I felt so much better dressing up, putting shoes on and "going to work" yesterday.  It was almost (almost) like a normal work day.

After work last night, I went outside to get food out of the freezer in our garage and I heard a loud POP that sounded like a cross between a shot gun going off an an explosion.  The birds in the trees went flying into the sky like you see in a movie and all I thought was, "Great, so now it's come to this.  On top of food and toilet paper shortages, we should have bought the damn gun." I grab food out of the freezer, walk into the house and Dave is on the phone, looks at me and says, "We just lost power."

Oh crap. The time to lose power is not when there's food shortages and you have a fridge full of emergency food.  None of us were considering a power outage, so our phone charges were down to almost nothing and none of us were willing to crack into the emergency peanut butter, so out of the house we went to find a restaurant.

Ohio is under a "Stay at home" order, which is sort of a shelter in place order, but not as stringent. Right now, restaurants are allowed to be open for carry out only, though a lot of them are shutting down because they cannot afford to remain open.  We plugged the phones into the myriad of USB ports in my car and off we went to Piada.  Freaky thing in the stores/restaurants are the 6 feet masking tape markings, signs warning you not to go across lines or get too close to people and everyone is really staying away from each other.  Not to mention, you feel icky when you go out of your house and I am a little OCD on touching public door handles.  So we grab our food, take it home to eat and dine by candle light.

We discovered Kira has better survival instincts than us. She found the flashlights and everything else in the house that lit up for some form of light source.  Kira also owns all the candles in the house.

Before it got too dark outside, I turned all the lights on in our bedroom and bathroom so that when the power came on overnight, it would wake me up. Sure enough, 1:00 a.m., power came back on and up I went. I checked the food and it was still cold, though Dave pitched the dairy and meat he and Kira would have consumed out of an "abundance of caution." As a side note, who is sick of that phrase,
"Out of an abundance of caution"?

So today, I did not dress up, I've been feeling a little salty all day and I wore sweat pants.  Tomorrow I'll dress up and hopefully tonight is less eventful!


I scored some Halo Top ice cream before it all sold out! This is getting me through the day.


I spend the day with headphones on.  Apple Music has some cool stations I did not know existed.


My new co-workers are a happy lot!


Stay healthy!
Smiles!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment