Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Good Riddance 2013



I have to be honest with you, this year was not the best of my life and I'm glad it's almost over.  It was extremely stressful work wise, my dad died and my grandmother also died almost a month to the day of my dad's death and was buried on my dad's birthday.  Yeah, this year sucked. 

But even with how awful this year has been, there's been many things to be thankful for.  I'm thankful for the time I spent with my dad and I'm glad he's no longer in pain, I'm thankful that my daughter is healthy and happy, I love my husband and he loves me, and I've realized just how important family is.  Blessings come with hardship.

Enough with the sappy, we're spending NYE with at my brother's.  We've done this every year for years and he wasn't sure if he was going to have a party this year (aforementioned sucky year), but I told him he better because we were coming over regardless.  Voila, a party is born.  My look today is my version of day to night with a smattering of dressing for my brother's very cold house.  It's not glamorous, but with a bunch of kids running around, it's best to be practical!



Here's to a better 2014!
Smiles!
Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment