Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Somber


My family has had a rough go of it this past month.  We lost dad last month and last Friday, we lost my grandmother.  Today was her funeral and it was actually rougher to get through than my dad's.  The service was at the same church and same cemetery as my dad's and needless to say, I kind of lost it.  Right now, I'm just exhausted and I'm so tired of sadness.  Now we have to figure out how to move forward without the ones we've lost.  Enough sadness.

While the occasion was sad, I did get to see cousins who I haven't seen in a while and we had people fly in from as far as San Diego to attend.  We haven't all been together since my grandfather's funeral, so it was nice, even under sad circumstances, to see everyone again. It's fun to watch everyone's kids run around.  It just doesn't seem like that long ago that we were the kids running around.  Made me feel kind of old.



Hug your loved ones and count your blessings,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment