Monday, April 8, 2013

Fields of Lilac


I bought these pants at Gap because they are similar to wool capris I bought from J Crew over the winter and I loved the color so much, I wanted to incorporate it into my Spring wardrobe.  The problem I have with colored pants is if I'm not careful with what I pair it with, I wind up looking a bit like an Easter egg.  So in response to this known problem, I Googled what colors match with lilac AND looked up ideas on Pinterest.  Grey was the first choice.  I then went with what colors make up purple and came up with blue.  I was quite pleased with how everything paired together and I don't think I look a bit like an Easter egg.  Yellow was a close runner up, but I'll try that next time!




Smiles!
Lori

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, Just popping in to say hello via A Matchy Matchy Midlife. You had me at stripes and polka dots. Seriously, one can never have too many. :) I have enjoyed looking through some of your previous posts. You have a great sense of style!

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks for stopping by!!! I think people are ready to host an intervention related to my love of the polka dots and stripes!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete