Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hauer






This is downtown Dayton in the early 1900's.  It was a thriving downtown at that point in time.  You can still see the trolley lines in places on the roads in the city.


This was some form of circus.  In the caged car, it says "Don't get too close!", but there's really no animal in there. It's a person dressed up as a tiger.


This is a general store in Dayton in the early 1900's.

On Saturdays, we go to Hauer Music in downtown Dayton for my daughter's guitar lessons.  I love Hauer because they've been in business forever and they have a lot of old pictures from Dayton's hey day when the economy was growing and people actually went downtown.  I love to walk up and down the halls and look at the pictures while Kira's in her lesson.  It makes me miss my grandmother who lived through all this and the stories she used to tell me when she babysat me.

My outfit was thrown together at the last minute and I swear the pants fit me when I bought them. I guess I've lost more weight.  I'm going to attempt to shrink them in the wash and with my fantastic laundry skills, I'm sure that won't be a problem.

Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment