Thursday, May 30, 2013

Posing


My husband is extremely supportive of any crazy thing I get involved with.  He calls me a "dabbler" because I really do want to try a whole bunch of things before I die.   In my late twenties, a co-worker and my mentor passed away from cancer.  All this gentleman wanted to do was to retire, travel and spend time with his wife.  He passed away less than a year from being able to do that and that was my wake up call.  Life is too short to let opportunities pass you by.  Excuses can always be made, time is very short, but you never know if you'll get another tomorrow.  So, I dabble.  I try things out.  I learn what I like, what I don't like.  Some of it sticks and some of it there's no way I'll ever do again. 

Dave gets very involved in anything that I "dabble" in and he's currently very interested in my blog.  Last night, he plopped down next to me on the couch and said that he's been analyzing my blog and he had one point of constructive criticism.  He said all my poses were similar.  He then whipped out his Nexus and went shot by shot to show me what he meant.  I told him in my defense, it's hard to look natural when you feel like a dork taking pictures of yourself.  Plus, it's literally 5:45 in the morning when I take all my shots because it's the last thing I'm doing before I leave for work.  So, today I tried some different looks.  Well...I attempted some different looks.  We'll see if it passes the Dave test. 



Smiles!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment