Sunday, June 24, 2012

Abe Lincoln....Vampire Hunter

We went to the movies last night to see Brave.  Dave had to leave the theater to get Kira another pair of 3-D glasses and when he came back he tells me "Abe Lincoln with an axe is standing in the lobby".  Oh yeah, need a photo with that.  So after the movie, Dave points him out again and I asked if he would be willing to take a picture with me.  Amazingly, noone in my family wanted in the shot. Pardon my many layers, it's freezing in movie theaters and I tend to dress in layers so I'm not miserable.
 I'm road testing these shoes from Zara today.  I try new shoes out at church to see if I can tolerate wearing them for long periods.  If they can't pass the church test, I don't wear them to work.

 The last time I wore this peplum blouse from J Crew, I paired it with a striped skirt and I wasn't happy with the results.  I'm much happier with this more subdued pairing.  The pants are very very very old from Banana Republic and I haven't been able to fit in them in years.  It just proves you should be careful what you part with!
 Kira is insistent when taking my photos to include the accessories.   My nails are Mojito Madness from Essie, bracelet is from Tiffanys, watch is Movado, and my wedding ring is actually my mother's original wedding set and is over 40 years old.  Dave reset the diamond in it for our tenth anniversary (story for another day on how that one went down).

 Here's the ironing I've done so far this morning....
 Here's what I have left to do for the week - ugh.  I try to iron at least enough outfits for the entire week with spares so I don't have to deal with it during the week.  I've done this for years and it works out really well from a time management persepctive.  The accountant in me occassionally creeps into my personal life!
Kira thought you might like to see the pattern on my blouse.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment