Sunday, November 25, 2012

Colorblocked Sunday

 I think I may have an issue with navy and green sweaters.  This is the third one I've purchased this past month and I've convinced myself they are each different enough that they need to be part of my collection.  This one came in the mail yesterday.  I have one I bought last Saturday at J Crew on sale as part of my birthday shopping trip and I bought one from J Crew online a couple of weeks ago.  They are all slightly different, though, thus justifying my acquisitions.   What's odd, I have all three of them planned out in my outfit rotation this week.  I plan about a week or two of outfits in advance, get them pressed and ready to go so I don't have to think about it during the week since we're so busy with Kira's activities and homework.  I've done this for years and it works really well.  Even Dave has started doing this, but he only plans a couple days in advance.

I love the color navy, I always have.  I think it stems back to when we were in college and they drilled into our heads that the only interview suit color for accountants was navy blue.  Back then, it had to be a skirt suit for women, with very little jewelry and minimal makeup because we were told we wanted the interviewer to focus on us, not what we were wearing.  I think times have changed significantly since then, but I wouldn't exactly wear anything neon or leopard print to an interview.  Now wearing that on the actually job is a completely different story.

Smiles!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment