Monday, May 28, 2012

Running Short

I don't like wearing shorts, I don't look good in shorts, and I only one one pair of them. I'm a capri kind of gal in the summer because I'm always cold and I'm vampire-like pale.  Kira asked me this morning why I just don't get a tan and the answer is...I can't tan.  My skin burns and goes back to being pale and a very long time ago, I just gave up trying.  It's not worth the effort and I know other people my age who did tan when we were younger and they now look leathery.  So there!!!(I'm sticking my tongue out now!)
Today, my husband ran in a 5k race and we wanted to go to support him.  It was 80 degrees at 8 a.m. this morning and that's just too darn hot to wear capris, so I busted out the shorts.  I think my one and only pair is a little too big, so I may have to replace them.


 Here's my darling husband before he got all sweaty and icky.

We sat at Welcome Stadium in the blazing sun and even though we were wearing sunscreen, we brought the umbrella along to keep most of the rays off us.  We were one of three people in the stadium with umbrellas and I just don't care what other people think.  The other two umbrellas were not rainbowy and ruffly.

No papparzzi allowed.
 Pringles made the wait go much smoother for Kira!
Here's downtown Dayton on this sweltering morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment