Sunday, December 23, 2012

When It Rains......


Sorry for the lack of postings this weekend. It's been a doozy of a couple of days. When I got home on Friday, Dave tells me that the internet and phone are down because the cable company upgraded our line for faster speed and they broke our phone/internet line. Great....just great. We have 3 Christmas gifts that aren't set up yet that have to be set up and require the internet. I am now a little freaked, but Dave usually figures this stuff out, so I wasn't too worried. Then, Friday night, Dave comes into our room carrying a giant plank of wood. Proceeds to tell me that he sat down on our couch, heard a crunch, went to look under the couch and discovered the frame split. Now, the couch is at least 10 years old, so not a huge deal, BUT, I've got people coming over Christmas Eve and now I have a broken couch. At this point, I went to bed.

Saturday comes and Dave was sleeping on the recliner because he said he didn't feel well. He moves back to our room and then the dog got sick. Really really sick. So, in the midst of dealing with that, I hear this horrific noise coming from our bedroom, run back to see what was amiss and Dave was getting sick. Really really sick. So I ran to get him a bucket and a cold cloth and just stood there like OMG, this has all just fallen apart today and I must now disinfect EVERYTHING.

So, Dave moves to the couch, Kira gets up, I keep the two of them separated, take her to guitar, go shopping for a new couch (didn't buy it yet, but have snaps to get Dave's approval), and then come home and Kira and I clean the carpets and literally disinfect everything we can think of. Then, I call the cable company, they can't remotely fix the problem and schedule someone to come out today to get us back online and get the phone working. We also had Nutcracker tickets for last night, so after a long long long day of dealing with issues, Kira and I got dressed up and headed for the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton. Funny thing is, I'm not a big fan of ballet, Dave wanted to go, Kira was mildly indifferent to the event and it's Kira and I attending. We did have a nice time, though.

So Sunday comes, internet and phone are back, Dave is back amongst the living, dog is doing ok, and we can set up the Christmas gifts that we need to today. Couch is still broken and something appears to be wrong with the microwave, but I think we're going to make it.

It's the little things that will drive you insane.



Friday's outfit.  Jacket is from J Crew, Shirts are Banana Republic and White and Black House Market, Jeans are Loft.



Today's outfit - Jacket and gingham shirt - J Crew, Jeans - Ann Taylor, Second Shirt - Old Navy, Pearls - Vintage.





Nutcracker outfit - Jacket - Ann Taylor, Dress - Talbots, Bracelet - J Crew, Necklace - QVC



Smiles!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment