Tuesday, February 12, 2013

In a Pinch


I've been waiting for Kira's teacher to send home instructions for Valentine's Day, primarily do I need to send in a shoe box, or make a box, and send home the class list so we know how many Valentine's to buy. It's February 12 and nothing.  So, I'm thinking third grade isn't exchanging Valentine's.  Seems a little young to me to stop, but it has to stop sometime. During dinner tonight, Kira tells me that they are exchanging Valentines and it's been in the weekly newsletter for three weeks.  I went online and checked and sure enough, it was there.  I read the other side of the newsletter with all the assignments and apparently just ignore the first column.  Bad Mom.  Bad bad Mom.  Well, tonight was all about throwing together some form of container to place the Valentines in to take into school and to use to cart the Valentine's she'll receive home.  I've included pictures of our masterpiece at the end of this post.  I'm pretty happy with the result considering we threw it together with stuff I had in my craft room.  Dave went out and bought the Valentine's tonight, so only you and we know that we were remiss.  I have a bit of a type A personality, so placing them in a brown paper bag wasn't going to fly for me. 

By the way, the pants I wore today are what killed my ban on internet shopping.  It's the Gap's fault.







Smiles!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment