Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Thumbing My Nose At Winter

 
I am done with winter.... done done done.  Even though my outfit was wool today, I decided to go for springy colors.  I was told I looked like an Easter egg today and I had people comment that they were going to hang out in my office today just to get a touch of Spring.  It's snowing right now and I think we're all done with this stuff.
 
I'm also beat tonight.  The dog woke up screaming/crying at 3 this morning and I jolted out of bed to see what the problem was.  She was howling in pain and holding her paw up.  I checked it out and couldn't see anything wrong and she started to walk gingerly on it and it seemed ok.  She then went to the corner and looked at me like "Leave my stinkin' paw alone".  I tried to go back to bed, but wound up cat napping until it was time to get up. Then, after I gave the dog her morning milkbone, I walked out of the kitchen to fetch something and when I came back, she was laying down in front of the stove and refused to get up.  She's been having traction problems on the tile and I think she was just done.  I can't lift her, so I got a towel, laid it out on the floor and gently lifted up limb by limb onto the towel until I had most of her on the towel, then I slid her to the carpet, gave her a boost and off she went.  She's a fifteen year old border collie and honestly, it's just old age.  I moved the milkbones into the family room so she can stay off the tile and if she has a repeat episode with her paw tonight, she's off to the vet tomorrow. She seems fine now, so we'll see how it goes.
 


Smiles!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment