Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dots and Stripes


While I was trolling through Banana Republic's website a while back, I came across an outfit that I absolutely loved which had a cross hatched white and black blouse, a cream and black striped skirt, an orange cardigan and a khaki trench coat.  I loved the look, but since I've banned unnecessary internet shopping for awhile, I wasn't going to easily be able to purchase the outfit.  So into my closet I went.  I pieced this outfit together using stuff I already owned.  I went with polka dots because I didn't have anything cross hatched. Honestly, I was quite pleased with the results.  I almost gave away this blazer over the summer because khaki washes me out, but I'm really glad I didn't.

For full disclosure, I went to Banana Republic on Saturday and I now own the cross hatched blouse and the cream and black striped skirt they had online.  In my defense, I  didn't exactly ban overall shopping and I didn't buy it on the internet.   Stripes are my downfall.




Smiles!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment