Monday, January 14, 2013

Geometric


The Christmas tree is FINALLY down, so I tested out today's photos in our family room to see if the lighting is a little better.  So far, I'm pleased, but my backgrounds will be a little goofy because we truly live in our family room.  Kira's practice beam is behind me as are the numerous mats to keep her from killing herself.  She's a hula hoop wizard, so we've got an overabundance of hula hoops in the house as well.  What you see behind me isn't even all of them. We have more in the garage! I'd love to take the shots outside, but I'm taking my photos around 5:45 a.m. each morning and it's dark out there.  And cold.....so inside I stay.

I am really pleased with how today's outfit turned out.  I bought the skirt on sale back in November when Dave and Kira took me shopping for my birthday and sort of forgot I owned it.  Even though the skirt has a crazy pattern on it, the colors incorporate both navy and black, so it wound up being a reasonably conservative outfit.  I'm trying to incorporate more belts into my world to snazz up my outfits, but it isn't something that comes naturally to me.  Plus, I sort of have an hourglass shape, so to fit around my hips, my belts wind up being a lot larger than my waist, which makes it tricky to figure out what to do with belts that I actually purchased to wear with pants.  I tucked this one in to rope in the tail, but I found myself constantly tucking it in all day. I guess if this is the worst problem I have in life, I can consider myself blessed!!



 I was trying out a nonchalant pose.  I don't think I can pull it off.  I look like a dork.  Maybe I'll try pensive tomorrow!




 
Kira helped me test out the new picture spot last night!  Her outfit is from Children's Place (skirt) and Justice (shirt).
 
Smiles!
Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment