Monday, January 21, 2013

Lots of Layers for a Reason


Today is a company holiday.  Today, I worked in the office from about 7:30 until 1:15 and when I left, there were people still there.  You know what was missing from today?  Heat.  We asked for heat, we were told we'd be given heat, but sadly, we were not gifted heat.  This isn't the first time this has happened, so I dressed in as many layers as possible today, shut my office door, turned on the space heater, kept my winter coat on, put on fingerless gloves and wrapped myself in a blanket.  Yeah, that's why I left at 1:15.

Also, Southwestern Ohio had a bit of a snow squall around lunch today, which created blizzard-like, white out conditions in seconds, and it only lasted a couple of minutes.  However, it was bad enough that there's currently a 50 car pile up on I-75 just a little bit south of here and in Cincinnati, there's what they are estimating to be around  a 70 car pile up on I-275.  The pictures are incredible and it all happened in seconds.  Makes the no heat issue seem trivial.  I did have to figure out an alternative route home because the highway is shut down.  A 50 car pile up is worthy of a shut down.



Smiles!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment